Friday, March 3, 2017

Importing a trailer UK British Expats

expatriates in the United Kingdom and tourists in Benidorm on EU vote



A painful question, but I can not find an answer on the forum or anywhere else for that matter, we have successfully imported our Landy UK and yet classic Fiat of Italy, with this, we are puzzled.
We need to save a cattle 2004 Ifor Williams bought the UK to obtain a gray card etc. We have the certificate and the certificate of compliance Should we physically take the DRIRE for the tests that I have forms that suggest they can be displayed, or fax, but no mention of the actual cost we can assume that we're going to the prefecture, can then obtain the registration number has anyone gone through this process, I think it would be the same for a caravan Any idea how much it would cost, I can t find anything on sites that we bought the trailer and can now sell on that we now have three, when we recorded it, makes recording stop now with the trailer or would a new owner must be re- registered.
If you have a certificate then there should be no need to go to the DRIRE, go to the Prefecture and save.
A word of warning though, Ifor Williams trailers registered in France are not necessarily identical to those sold in the UK and you may find that your UK C C doesn t cut in this case, you will either need the french dealer or have to pay a visit to the DRIRE after all.
Yes, a new owner must re-register in his name.
Thank you very much for your answer, then it's all started to make sense, we believe that the trailers after 2002 are acceptable, ie shouldn not need to go to Drire, the one we came here with more would more difficult, we will go to the prefecture and see how we get on.



Hi, it has been a while since you posted on this thread, but I was wondering how you got on I'm eager to bring a new trailer IF in France and need to know what to watch.
Since then, we have made a lot of trailers - my husband is quite an expert They must be from 2004 for a Ifor Williams certificate of compliance now employ French to process documents, but increased the price of 100 200 for the certificate and they take several weeks to process the administration is in Wales, I can pass the address if you need it.
Just be aware that don t even need a log book trailers UK, they can be stolen, we know that many farmers in the UK who have had their flight - that is why the United Kingdom set up logbook - so be careful when buying we ask the serial number, which is unique, we check with Ifor Williams to see if it's OK They did not issue a certificate as if it has been reported stolen.
Interesting and thank you, I thought he was still 100 and that was too much, they really have a cheek calling 200.
I'll be buying a new trailer from a dealer in the UK Ifor Williams Is it still necessary to visit DREAL these days, I guess the answer is yes.
What I wanted to do was to get the trailer provided the UK there are only trailer available insurance so I could shoot in France with my French car registered If this means buying the blind trailer, get the sales invoice and the UK COC sent to me by writing to IW France, wait 3 weeks or another, then get a gray card and a temporary plate before I could actually go to the United Kingdom for What the trailer France pa wash.



Can I ask you how you found your trailer to France.
I know Ifor Williams are often stolen, I'll do a good locking quality wheels and hitch I did not know in the UK were down the French road - I'd better move quickly or it'll be that complicated I'll never probed outside.
We were told by a friend who is an Ifor Williams Ifor Williams dealer will not sell to a person with a French address - is to protect the few dealers IW they have in France In fact, if a British retailer sells to a IW french customer, they are very likely to lose their IW concession are incredibly difficult to treat - noted the cost COC we brought a brand new trailer for a customer to physically drive on to collect, as we always do was control special high-IW for a horse not provide at all costs a COC for a trailer until 6 months at which point it is second hand, then you would not be able to save a British-born new trailer for six months you can ensure the collection point in the UK, using the single-plate chassis number we use Axa in France.
If you price IW trailers in France, you know the price difference we find it easier to buy second-hand, but even that is not easy, we use an address in the UK and still have farmers at numbers in the UK, although we lived France for over 7 years.


I will try to PM our phone number is my husband specialized subject.
It seems incredible that they would not put you in doubt, but I have yet to hear of anyone - yet another bit depressing news that I thought this kind of protectionism market was out with European laws, I can always get my father who lives in the UK to buy it, but he would have his name on the sales receipt - Grrrr maybe then my dad could then sell it to me with a new sales invoice course then they could drag their heals when I go back to France - even if it took six months to leave the trailer at home off-road as s what I would do.
Regarding the insurance problem appears to be on arrival in France The only method that seems to be valid is the purchase, get the sales invoice and COC again tell you that they want to give you, but I think they are at least obliged to give you a UK one, then get a gray card temperature, followed by a temporary plate and insurance, then return to the UK to actually get the trailer.
I'm still waiting 2 weeks for the dealer Ifor Williams to France to get back to me with a price so I can compare I do not doubt that the price should be much higher because they do have a price list on the french web site and that is not by chance.



Now that I know IW trying to threaten customers with this nonsense that I am determined not to give Ifor Williams French dealers my money, I support my local shops etc but IW and many others are just greedy.
IMO it all adds to the arguement for the holding of a United Kingdom registered the car to pull the trailer UK plated without the hassle we are talking about here - not the official way to do it, but at some point all the paperwork and being fixed run around so many obstacles that it becomes too tempting to find an easier way to the end of the day there is a practical decision to make, and the number trailers I've seen on French roads with or without license plates, lights, overhanging loads in all directions, scratching the ground songs etc. suggests that there are worse offenders than those around without right track handmade paper.
We can have an advantage of having a driving license in the UK - were told by the police that even if all vehicles are registered French, we can put a license plate in the UK on a trailer as you would in the UK, which normally corresponds to the towing vehicle, and legal us, or at least a workaround This happened because the original trailer IW we brought was in his teens and doesn t qualify for COC so, if we use it on the road, we just stick on a random British plate Sounds crazy, but apparently gets around the wise insurance problem though, I do not know Is it compulsary in France we sold a used trailer and chap establish insurance coverage before drove 7 hours to collect another didn t bother, just paid and left hanging but, yes, IW are known for their in flexibility and terrible relationships with agents and customers, we have the price and I think they are 40 most expensive in France.
I would be careful VARY take the advice of local police, remember many of them still think a license in the UK must be redeemed after 12 months The law is the law and they can not arbitrarily give relief to everyone and if your license is a UK or a french makes no luck.
These tricks are great when everything fits, have a good accident, and God forbid not maim or kill someone, and in a moment your world turns on it's head.



How do they determine that I wonder if you pay by cash or credit card bank transfer in the UK how do they know that the UK contact give them is not authentic, after all said and done, they are just to sell you a piece of metal on wheels.
Why Grrrrr for your dads name on the receipt, if you think it could be a problem ever heard talk about Photoshop, do you think that everyone in France will challenge it is not an official document in one direction legal if no crime is committed or being wrong person exercising a little pragmatic oiling the wheels.
An interesting topic so do we please keep up to date with developments.
I would if I could, but my car with towbar is the registered French I agree there are a lot of shit car trailer there, but I'm not sure to be one to raise if I try anything - or the issue of the death injury clearly the system a lot of nonsense just for a trailer so it's piece of metal, but it wouldn t be France if it were easy and free admin.
I even thought that bringing a trailer that was provided with a trailer insurance UK would be correct but apparently it does not agree - even if the trailer has never entered into the arms of the French administrator.



I agree with the comment on the purchase of SI and what I'll do IW don t ask for proof of purchase address is just for basic mandatory final data IW will I do when my trailer becomes born again French trailer I'll buy with check or UK map in the UK and the art of the past contract if IW discover later and then spit the dummy too bad.
40 more expensive, how it would not surprise me Sterling low VAT plus UK now but former French dealers are like a beautiful room Well not me, they t won They do not even put their price list IW France on site - ask why.
I like your attitude I am and Err and Photoshop has done wonders for my work expenses during the year of a tight ed companies refused to pay for this and that.
I will definitely keep you in the picture and I'll get this trailer.



Interesting thread horn But, what palaver I think I'd be tempted to sell the horses and cattle and start shubunkins or reproduction And of course I I W boycott aquariums - if they make them.
I remember that not long ago a British TV program where some Brit did things for scrap to provide his house that I'm sure was in France.
ISTR he made an angle iron sections trailer chassis and box without wine etc not to recall and don t get tested.
I remember that not long ago a British TV program where some Brit did things for scrap to provide his house that I'm sure was in France.
ISTR he made an angle iron sections trailer chassis and box without wine etc not to recall and don t get tested.



It would work if the total gross weight of less than 500 kg - No registration required In the case of a braked tandem axle capacity of 1 tonne is classified as a separate vehicle and must go through the same process as if the importation a car, which is why my welded box section wheel will never be able to get the right papers to be officially fired by a French car.







Importing a trailer UK British Expats, Importers, trailer, Ifor Williams dealer, angle iron sections.





Trailer, Bangor, ME 04401, США