Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A Monkey A French Canal Barge and A Million Pound Check letters from an unknown author!

Dirty Projectors - Little Bubble (Official Video)



The money, as they say, makes the world We work every day to bring money so we can pay our house, our car, and all the essentials we need and hope to have something that remains for a little luxury one night in the pub or a meal in a restaurant holidays, a new TV, or even greater and better house.
Lately, I feel pretty exposed in the financial department because I have joined the ranks of semi-retirement amount and weight of my pension starts to burn a hole in my pocket The problem is money coming in for someone like me I do not really know how to spend it, I do not want to lose and I certainly want to waste away what I could do with a new car, but a few years down the road my investment will surely be reduced price, as all cars do my engine this, my lovely Renault Megane convertible cost a considerable sum few years, but now the other day, I was typing all the details of my car in the site to be faced with the offers 398 shabby.
Well, thank you for the offer, but I think you can keep your 398 and I'll hold on to my car for a while longer In fact, I intend to continue driving until the junkyard beckons.
I often wonder what I would do if I won the lottery long ago I received an email from the lottery people harbinger of good news and asking me to check my ticket good job I did because March 20 gains came handy this weekend for me to buy almost a full round of drinks Then what would I do with a great victory well, a new car would be another convertible or maybe something more like a 4X4 I always imagined one of those Nissan Navara pick -up style engines I always thought it would be convenient for traveling through France a lot of space to whip a few cases of wine in loan back for supper back in the UK, I think driving test a there a while but when I climbed into the seat of the driving position was not for me, not to my taste at all, but I am convinced I could find a motor ap proprie with time.
On my shopping list would be a nice house and maybe a holiday home in France, somewhere south of the country because I really do not like the cold can be one of those great French barges could agree I could spend the summer in the lush Loire then chug south serenely when the weather cooled keeping an eye on the appropriate bars and bistros along the way a blog can be a change in the order of letters from a stranger seems Diner good enough.
One million pounds would be a nice tidy sum but just think about this figure recalled a time years ago when I came in close contact with this very sum.


Long ago when I was a teenager one of my first jobs was as a bookkeeper One day there was the buzz of excitement in the office and my colleagues and I have been informed of the imminent arrival of a check of 1 million as I was just a simple bookkeeper teen, I'm out of the hierarchical order to see this verification, although it was actually my job to treat him as I did with all other controls that came in due time department, one of the very executives took the check and with great respect, it was given to my boss M. Ross M. Ross traveled the control for a while a small clique with other managers and forwarded to the principal Clerk, M. Elliott After marveling at this great artifact for a few moments, he then passed the check to me many of our staff and neighboring departments also came to take a look at this financial wonder that I believe was the result of the company or the sale of our sister company, Fed erated insurance, or do a fabulous real estate transaction.
Anyway, I did my job and duly entered in the check ledger then put it in the course ready to go down to the bank before three, as in the days, banks closed at three PM Good God, said one of my managers, we can t just leave control there, think of the interest I had this out for a special trip to the bank for this very special check made me very well suited After paying the check in the local bank, I strolled around the corner to the shop sandwich ordered sausages on toast and made my way quietly back to work as I arrived at the office, I took aware that senior management staff were still there, waiting for news that there were problems that had happened They seemed a little disappointed when I tell them that disaster had occurred, the bank has not developed death, but the million c hèque books had been regularly deposited back, I'm not sure I liked the way they looked at me, perhaps they knew all along I was of the sarnie shop.
Anyway, back to the audit, it was actually really impressive it was not printed but hand written in a very doodling, loop, and the hand quite unreadable and me appeared that the beneficiary Refuge, limited insurance company, could easily be changed to Stephen Higgins Esquire there had been a practice Tippex as it was an accounting department, you might think that we had a lot of Tippex but Tippex was completely Verboten Yes Tippex has never been used, and in case of a mistake made, the procedure was to strike a line through the incorrect number, sign your name, date and then add the exact figure.
One summer, we used a young boy named Jonathan, university fees has an accounting degree under his belt and was spread by everyone to be a candidate for the future management of our boss, M. Ross, in him was very impressed and seemed to take every opportunity to praise his achievements for me, the proud owner of four O levels I personally thought that Jonathon was a little, how do I put this plonker is probably the word I'm looking Yes, Jonathan was something of a plonker appeared to be easily bored.
One day, M. Ross approached and asked me after showing me the great book, it was my writing I said no, it wasn t M. Ross then asked me what I was doing some numbers the bottom of the page I told him I was not sure though a specific figure was apparent and in Figure I n is a numerical figure, but something more artistic Jonathan our new clerk then asked the numbers, he took a long look at the ledger, thought for a while, then told M. Ross that the figure in question was actually a monkey.



A monkey replied M. Ross responded I say, although it's really a word totally inadequate It would have been more appropriate to say M. Ross snarled or screamed and expression of a monkey came out in a way very distorted, even dying Anyway, after some more thought, Jonathan confirmed he was responsible for the monkey was actually pretty good representation of a monkey, and he seemed quite at home among accountants and various totals and subtotals it turned out that in a relatively quiet time in the Jonathan office had idly decided to draw a monkey on the ledger for some reason, I also, in the most times calm sometimes used to draw or write poetry and stories that I tended to use scrap paper or a laptop and perhaps why I managed to hang on to my job a little hung Jonathan sound, even though I am not a university degree.
This, as you can imagine, turned out to be the last day of Jonathan to work and he was never seen again, although every time I come to look at art and come across something see the monkeys, I always wonder if he made his mark in the accounts or the art world.
If you enjoyed this post, why not try my book floating in space Click on the links on top for more information.







A Monkey A French Canal Barge and A Million Pound Check letters from an unknown author!, monkey, French, channel.





Франция