Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The French Rabbit 1982 Renault Le Car

Originally Renault R5 (non-turbo) Test Drive



Here's something you do see every day Even in the 1970s and 80s, they weren t too thick, at least in the US The 1982 Renault 5 doors The Car is in Bothell, Washington, halfway between Bellevue Everett, and it is on eBay with a price of the current offer of 102 50; but does reserve reached ISN Get your offers now did you know there has to be a part of it here Thanks to Jim S to track down the French race.
In fact, I always tell the truth, I want to be the background microphones more than I want the Le Car, but a guy can t have everything the car I mean, Le Car, has 129.390 miles on it and although the painting seems to doesn faded and oddly mottled, t seem to be any rust on this side other than surface rust, i want to ask you would be in this thing to check, though; preferably while it's not The movement The Pacific Northwest gets more than its share of rain, so I'm not surprised that the body has the air as strong as he does.
The seller says it's a car of an owner It's always nice to see, no matter what vehicle it is, I can see the rust in there on the RR wheel, but the seller says he has no dents and has a surprisingly comfortable ride I think my father, after a succession of two Pintos as company cars, got a Le Car right around 1978 or 79 have a yellow Le Car in Duluth asleep Minnesota was quite a show it was a fun car, I drove two or three times just after getting my license and he always drew a crowd, as it would today; probably more than most muscle cars and exotics would it was great fun to drive, but maybe it was a combination of me just get my license and be in you the rarest car in city made it more fun than it really Unfortunately, his company bartered after not too many months because it was, unfortunately, but predictably, in the shop too often.
American Motors Corp. has distributed this car dealers and they talked like French rabbit, since one of its main competitors was the VW Rabbit It was the best selling car in Europe at the time but even using that as advertising fodder didn people t rule fairly in North America to AMC dealers choose their own the Cars 5-door, as seen here, was released in 1981 and the car has been taken from dealers in the United States 1983 and lasted until 1985 in Canada.
Barn Finds writer Jeff showed us a very different animal in early-March in the Renault R5 was essentially a street-legal race car The Le Car 5 seen wearing here is very well not a race car this 1 4L inline four cylinder has a little more than 50 hp, so that you will win races, unless you are against a kind of Russian round-Car or something that I would want a 2-door yellow Le Car as my father drove for a few months in the late 1970s, but black 5-door is certainly unique have you ever driven a car on.



I saw the Archer brothers the latter race in the day they brought a trailer load of renting a runners plus cars they drove, I think there was a kit you bought to loan racing which included better wheel bearings in Europe there was a series of race just for I also think R5 Archers also ran the Jeep pickups in the race truck SCCA rigid axle trucks were fast and they used to bump the project jeeps much.
Yes It belonged to my French teacher college a young divorced woman very attractive had me to her apartment for dinner and has memory completely sloshed Don t how I got out of that one, it was very softly sprung and had a large tower with much roll in the corners of the car, i mean.
In fact, grow and live in Milwaukee, we saw a number of Renault was big in Wisconsin, and I believe it was sold in AMC dealers, and kind of got their foot in the door for Reliance Everything I really remember of them was how they rusted Junkyards were full of them, I think they were good otherwise French cars always build good cars great find, as I say, further rusty so this is rare.
Having learned to drive in the 69 Toyota Crown, the car next to move in was the Renault 17 Gordini 1979 is a fast, drive 5-speed was white with red interior striping red horrible Reliability attached car is that I found on the Internet, not the one I had, but it is similar with the sunroof striping and fabric.
Haven t seen one of those eternally true, a lot of rain in the Pacific Northwest although it is sunny and 85 in downtown Portland as I write this, but we don t use of road salt it n 'are therefore few survivors around.



There is a back story on why Renault sold AMC to Chrysler purchase of American Motors was due to the death of a man CEO Director of Renault Georges Bessie He made a profit in both months of support in 1985, he believed in taking global Jeep was the company management needed to take for the first time in years AMC made money for the first time had new product while Chrysler came council wanted to sell Bessie refused and was shot dead outside his house out of his limousine, he was shot in the head and chest and fell on the sidewalk Less than 5 weeks after his death, the operation was reached with Chrysler .
Renault presents the car, the most luxurious in the world with white sidewall tires as seen in the streets of Paris in 1950. The old movie, much like an old British Pathe newsreel, lightens as it progresses, alas there is no sound.
A brochure in 1951 for a small car more agile THE RENAULT for the twists and turns of mountain roads maybe.
The horizontal diesel means that the engine has its side It s located as a true mid-engine under the floor with the transmission located roughly halfway between the engine and the rear axle Now you know the English translation of the car.
I rode in there years The Car and was shocked comfort of the ride was like a friend slammed his through deep drainage channels, we had to cross to enter a main road The rear torsionbars before ate gutters as if the car had the same suspension my Citroën DS19 with its hydropneumatic system I was impressed, and years after that I found a couple of Renault R16S, also torsionbars around and again a terribly comfortable ride, and still almost as good as my most complex s suspension Citroen The French really know how to coddle their backs.



When I was in the school of technology in the late 80s, a classmate was one, it would be hard driving beat, I was shocked to see how the car drift it in turns to jump borders I thought that it would break one of the 3 lug nuts on the wheels, I think he had that car for 15 years quite impressed, lol.
I lived in Martinique in 1985, and one of the local rental places rented The Cars that were called Renault 5s, I had two different rented the first was a terrible piece of junk that burned the oil so bad that every time I drove to my apartment on the outskirts of Fort-de-France Cluny, he would leave the worst cloud of blue smoke in the air the second after the first ends up dying was a beautiful little car I enjoyed driving, I toured the island with the car several times, and found a little convenaynce nice.






The French Rabbit 1982 Renault Le Car, French Rabbit 1982 Renault.