Monday, November 28, 2016

How to import a foreign car

10 cars are banned in America



If I had a bad day at work, I divide my SEAT Toledo V5, hop in the Peugeot, and 30 seconds later on the right track with all my worries disappeared All about the 205 GTI you communicate exactly what how car reacts road small shudders through the fl oor pan, tugs on the wheel, the rear sliding imperceptibly, warning you not to lift all add to a driving experience never to be replicated in a modern car deadened weight and power widgets.
So, unfortunately, when it came time to leave my house for three years in Nurburg, I began the long process of exporting the Peugeot After reaching the age of 25 in August 2011, the 205 finally the age to move all restrictions NHTSA FMVSS I had to check a box on the HSV-7 import declaration form age, provide proof of the date of the age of manufacture or date of fi recording first, and take it to port in Wittlich, Germany.
Choosing a registered importer remains the most important part in the export of a car Get a wrong, and you are faced with costs, paperwork, and other countless details, and a possibility of your car will be refused entry to choose the right one, and the process becomes quite easy I choose Transcar GMBH, a German based fi rm with the support of the US government their quote of 2600 size and weight are the determining factor seemed a bit higher than others, but with a guarantee of delivery in Dallas with no hidden fees sealed the deal.
A rainy day in November 2011, Peugeot has been delivered to the exporter in Wittlich clean and sparkling inspection administrative formalities damage and took 45 minutes and I left the car to be loaded on a truck in Bremerhaven It would then board a ship, and two months.
Later, arrive in Georgia to pass through customs after customs clearance, the importer loaded on a truck for transport to the processing of vehicles fi Center in Dallas, TX.



This February, I was noti fi ed of my arrival Pug's, and after a short return flight from Midland to Dallas I collected the faithful car to their word, the process took less than 30 minutes, and I'm on the way back in Midland in a UK- Peugeot 205 GTI plated original plates serve as temporary for 30 days.
The roads are straighter, wider, and full of ginormous trucks, but not hot hatch proved less fun than on the roads in Europe, however, once home to Midland, the biggest problem of the import came to a head, the process for obtaining a Texas certified inspection certi fi.
A full afternoon to discuss with regional headquarters in Odessa on what constitutes a federal exemption to where I literally had to read their own rules of the road, I leave BMW of the Permian Basin with an attached sticker, clear US Title, and Texas plates.
The people seem to be very receptive to French transplant, and are most amused by the steering wheel on the right side, I get lots of thumbs up and will appear in several Facebook Photos Still, the long wait, and the massive amount of paperwork were worth the effort to bring the French version of the Mustang.







How to import a foreign car, import.