Thursday, July 14, 2016

Car Week 1951 Mercury Convertible

Популярні відео - Mercury і Класичний автомобіль



Arthur French owns its 1951 Mercury convertible for nearly three decades, and sooner or later, you must understand the novelty will wear a bit.
So far, however, his love affair with the 51 Mercs t hasn cooled a little.
In fact, though it's owned since the early 1980s, the ragtop is the beginner in French garage, he also has a soft custom cut 51 Mercury as companion convertible, and it's been a while 40, it is clear when French began gushing from his Mercs his passion for cars will never die Sheffield green convertible, in particular, the French heart race again these days after leaving intact most of time all these years, he finally had repainted and restored this fall.
He brought the car in late November, looking better than ever, and the honeymoon with the Merc again.
It is such a sweet car I feel very fortunate to have such a car, admits the French gregarious, a resident of Wainscott, NY The car is simply outstanding There are not a rattle in the car No noise, nothing I can not out to beat the band.



Besides being a great restored specimen of French ragtop is as rare droptops The 51 Merc are extremely rare and in demand these days There were 6,759 examples built for the model year, but only about 50 to 60, depending on that you believe are known to survive today, I was shocked when a guy told me that for the first time, the french said it's one, and he said there was 50 left, but I think it's 60 there's gotta be some locked in attics somewhere but there is not much Yeah, I think I have something that is not readily available makes me feel special that I'm the one driving.
French admits he was not even looking for a 1951 Mercury when he wound up with the car in the 1980s, he had his black coupe at home and find another 51 was not in the plans, it has not learned a convertible 51 for sale in Pittsburgh, Pa if and when he decided to pick up the car, one thing led to another car in Pittsburgh panoramic didn t, but before the french and a friend headed home, they found an ad for a 1949 Mercury convertible in Ohio the pair decided to travel six hours to see this car, but passed that one, too, when they discovered that it was more of a project that the French wanted to take.
The owner was kind enough to take us home for lunch at his home, and he had all kinds of cars, French said as we saw this 51 under a car cover, and I asked him on the car, I made him an offer and he said nothing, the car wasn t for sale.
Two months later, the man changed his mind and called French at home, he said, are you still interested in the car and I said yes, and he said, I will have him there tomorrow and he handed me the car.
French spent 25 more years to come and share seat time happy both its Mercurys, but not for a long time things happened and he began to make plans to sell the convertible car was still in splendid form original when the previous owner had re-done within the original style around 1974, but the car was otherwise unrestored.
French thought there would be more interest among buyers gave the car new paint, however, and he sent the car to Jeff Ludwig in Denver, Pa for painting and other small alterations The only why I sent was to maximize the value of the car with the new paint job, he said that is the only reason I had nothing at the time, I thought I had to sell.


Ludwig said it would be easier to paint it with the engine, so we pulled the engine and we ended up just doing a frame off restoration We did not want no need to really do something to time, we had everything soda blasted down and soda blaster said, I usually t get cars like this to do.
Chestnut Autumn Haze and two-tone interior was left alone, but the undercarriage and landing gear got the full treatment A crack was also discovered in the engine block Flathead We found some cooling in the if french crankcase must find another block, he found in Wisconsin there was a 51 block, also, he said he's been rebuilt and is running Smooth His strong car the guy who made it does great work he has done my black car, too, he does everything right he even sanded the wheel cylinders and painted them.
Before a French car, however, some things in his family life has changed and he decided he didn t have to sell the car after all, if he had any regrets about all the work done in his convertible they disappeared when he saw the finished product.
When the truck pulled up with this thing, he came out and said, wait until you see what I got for you, I tell you, I am amazed when I Ludwig looked done just beautiful work what he did with this car you must stand beside and look at the pictures of this gift does it justice.



Emblematic 1949-51 Mercurys were cool to begin with and even more cool when James Dean squinted at moviegoers through the windshield of his cut 1949 Rebel Without Cars have gone on to become the fodder of choice for rodders Street and thousands were stripped, chopped, bridged, flamed, scalloped and turned into completed sleds.
More than 400,000 were built between 1949 to 1951 cuts, but only 31865 ragtops were born during this period.
A new grid that was built at the traffic lights appeared in 1951 vertical taillights replaced the horizontal units of the models 1949 and 1950, the wraparound bumper has become even more important.
French took a long time to do homework on the 51 ragtop over the years and it's discovered that his car was the fifth example of the line to St. Louis Assembly Plant It was sold again to a man in Sharonville, Ohio and came with optional skirts, rocker moldings, cover sill plates, power windows and seat, a radio and automatic transmission Under the hood was a 255-cid flat V-8 alone engine choices which was valued at 112 hp.
The French car spent the first three decades of his life in Ohio before finally getting a new home in New York, I don t know who is the original owner sold, but what the guy told me I I bought it out of the car was returned to the dealer and was used in the display for about 10 years or something like that, french said, and then he bought the car, but he never called the car, he did, but the title was open, he had to go back and do the paperwork and get me a new title of the Ohio Department of motor vehicles and send it to me.



Obviously, everyone who owned the French convertible went out of their way to take care of the car, he never had body rust or repairs made to, and the odometer shows only 57,000 miles and change On this rebuilt engine, it's only got 125 miles, he said it's like a brand new car.
French made some concessions to the non-originality under the hood it's swapped the black original hoses chrome fittings, and it's dressed engine bay also cap nuts with chrome on the head and multiple bolts The top of carburetor and the water pump are also chrome I just wanted to dress up a bit for car shows, the French said he also added headers and dual exhaust manifold and the cross pipe, when it was time to send and powdercoated them, it was cheaper to put the headers there, the French said that I still have all the stuff to make it original, it would take a day or half a day, to give it to that 'it was.
He says he divides time these days rolling around in his Wainscott bookends Mercurys and enjoy every mile course, I get a little nervous I t park where people can open a door in it, I careful with it, he said the gig I Don t speed with it and I m fully aware of the traffic and everything, and the landing gear was all done, so I do t oUT when moisture on the roads .
But I drive, I bet you believe, if I were driving trailer and could not, I would want t.



It was not long ago, he figured French to be parting ways with the now green convertible, he cringes at the thought.
I feel so happy that I own this car makes it such a special car, he said I'll keep it until they put a tag on my toe I'll let my children inquiètent- what is the truth I sell this car.
If you don t subscribe to Old Cars Weekly magazine you are out on the only weekly magazine in the car hobby and we'll deliver 54 issues per year right to your mailbox every week for less than the price an oil change Click here to see what you're missing with Old Cars Weekly.
You have a car you of us love our featured car of the week we want to hear from you send us an email and tell us all.



This 4th revised edition is the reference car after the Second World War the most complete ever assembled this great reference book contains comprehensive information model for all American-made cars manufactured from 1946 to 1975.
I 61S 1950 Cadillac Sedan I'd be willing to sell the car You had 48 Make Offer.
It's a beautiful appearance Mercury Convertible and would like more information on this 1950 Cadillac I play with classic, custom, canes and chassis frame all my life My older brother was still builds cars and former first car I built was when I was ten, I built my own All American Soap Box Derby in 1949. I still have the wheels and rebuilt last year Derby car on old pieces my number one car I ever owned was a 1949 Ford Custom Convertible I bought and whild I was away in the army, my older brother took that I did not know the car and took all cutting, chopping, lower the pipe, shortening and even change the engine to a Highway Patrol Mercury MO 1951 Interceptor engine with dual four barrel carb, then sliced ​​the hood scoop and Aded Louvres changed with the size of 16-inch wheels down rims 15 chrome __gVirt_NP_NN_NNPS<__ pouces avec une large ceinture flancs blancs et a ajouté un kit continental et pare-chocs avec un haut de style hollywoodien avec les deux vitres latérales arrière bloc ed à plus avec le haut étant apporté tout le chemin pour correspondre avec les vitres des portières avant alors qu'il avait la veuve arrière avec le centre pouvant être décompressé avec des panneaux de rap autour de chaque côté, il avait deux Smitty s avec électricité statique lumières le long de chaque côté et Larme Fender Jupes le Top était blanc, et la voiture était rouge Candy Apple chrome latéral qui a commencé devant le lat? ral de stock et a fait le tour et plus et est redescendu au lat? ral il a été présenté plusieurs fois classique différent, Hot Rod, et Magazines Custom Car Mon frère William Bill Toney de Toney s Rod s et des douanes du 1940 s tout au long de 1980 s de la Pony express City.
Je voudrais tous ceux qui aiment les vieilles voitures à venir visiter mes sites web que j'ai trois principaux sites que je suis en train de décoller Ils sont libres.



View site Creator site owner Northern CA Classic Car Tours created October 2, 2010 Last Post February 2, 2012 Web Address Members of email website Add photos to the website Invite.
See the website All American Box Derby North CA Soap Creator Owner Site created April 13, 2011 Last post January 30, 2012 Web Address Members of email website Add photos to the website Invite.
See siteMt Shasta Member of Orphan Classics Site group created October 5, 2008 Last post February 15, 2012 Web Address Members of email website Add photos to the site.
We welcome all the world wide world, Also check We are their star Club.
Great to see my father Hadone only 2 weeks when he bought was he got cheap-backs, it is yellow, I remember riding in several times with the top down, it was great, he was also a bituminous coating.
I started doing auto body work when I was 14. im 60 now with COPD sanding and body work through the years, I fix everyone elses old car, but not to me is yellow A51 convt now im merc old with little money and aunrestored merc Ive had for40 years in a shed is there justice in this life no, I'm not going to sell his just wish id been smarter thank you for letting me some Lanny wine.



Lanny read your note, simply Wining lamenting Would like to see pictures of your merc Arthur.







Car Week 1951 Mercury Convertible, week 1951 mercury.