Monday, November 20, 2017

Thoughts Tamerlane great French automobile collection (Citroen Renault) (Part 1 of 3)

Santelli Flips Out On WSJ Reporter: Ask The Fed # 39; a difficult question # 39; Is your access or # 39; # 39 impaired ?;



In my writing, I am guilty of hyperbole, but as I do my best to summarize my day today, I can honestly say it was amazing, I'm still on a high and I still feel like old French cars.
Most of you are probably addicted Bring A Trailer probably on Tuesday, you salivated the French quartet that were presented in the pictures, you could see other cars in the background a Citroen XM here, disconnectors several LA- low I had to contact the owner, Ron, for more information.
Ron gave me most Much more, he invited me today to check his collection I will share this visit in three parts: Part 1 will cover cars it has stored in one part of the warehouse will cover 2 cars it has a separate garage Part 3 will be a seated interview with Ron.
Before starting the virtual tour I want to do a few things first, the pictures taken are not the cars justice They are infinitely more beautiful in person and I would be able to capture and share with you the tactile feelings and smells They are d 'another world.


Second, I approached these cars very differently than I usually do with cars shows that s because I rarely, if ever, gets to stay inside these cool cars I am not proficient with, and I am used to take different shots outside of cars, but I wanted to focus on domestic cars this time I want to show you why these cars are so unique and ahead of their time.
Finally, I want to thank Ron for his generosity-- with his time, with his insight, and his cars Thank you, Ron.
Two Citroën 1972 both SMs, one with the Euro headlights, an American with lights.
A 1996 Citroen XM Japan with about 9000 km.
Four Citroen disconnectors including a convertible DS21 plant in 1968.
This is one of three R16S collection and Ron sentimental favorite He belonged to a French farmer who meticulously maintained It leaves it written in French, of course all maintenance and repair work performed The yellowed papers and corneas invaluable and integral part of the car.



Incidentally, this blue 1978 model R16 upscale TX The interior is simple and immaculate.
Apparently, many DS owners installed trailer hitch to prevent damage to the rear bumper.
Yes, these seats are comfortable Actually, the record was both pillowy but firm The rear seat can be described as butter, a good way I felt like General de Gaulle there.
This RHD CX Pallas made the diplomatic duty in the UK It's about 37,000 miles.
I wonder how many total paid Citroen to put these stickers on.
This image shows the leg room for rear seat CX I am 6 and there was plenty of room to stretch.



Although the area of ​​the rear seat CX was palatial, it is just no comparison to the DS in the area of ​​intimate and cozy back seat.
Smokers of the world, unite the two rear doors CX, you have these lighter window switch combos.
Between the front seats are the e-brake lever and ride height adjustment lever.







Thoughts Tamerlane great French automobile collection (Citroen Renault) (Part 1 of 3), French, Citroen, collection, part.